How using Adderall with vitamins increase its effectiveness?
Adderall is the commercially marketed form of amphetamine and dextro-amphetamine. This is a prescription drug specifically used for the treatment of attention hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy. This helps one overcome common symptoms such as inattention, restlessness, impulsive behavior and the inability to follow direction correctly.
A few vitamins such as B12 and B6 are known to enhance neural activity in your brain. This helps you overcome issues such as attention disorder, memory loss, narcolepsy and depression. These vitamins supplemented with a daily dose of Adderall may work wonders aiding your recovery process quickly.
Is it alright taking vitamins alongside Adderall?
It is perfectly normal to take vitamins alongside Adderall. They are mostly harmless and are often prescribed to treat deficiencies in the body. Moreover they also do not react with the medication in a harmful manner with the exception of a few such as Vitamin C, Lithium and Magnesium. The may however still be consumed probably a couple of hours before taking Adderall. Do consult your doctor regarding this.
Which vitamins may be taken along-with Adderall?
- A deficiency of vitamin B12 is often connected to neurological effects in the brain such as depression, confusion, memory loss, cognitive decline and even dementia. Vitamins B12 and B6 are essential for neurotransmitter production and neuron health in your brain. You may supplement Vitamin B tablets along-with your daily dose of Adderall to see quick results. You must however consult your doctor who may advise you on the right amounts of dosage of vitamins that can be taken with the medication.
- Vitamin D3 often prescribed for treating bone defects, muscle weakness, blood pressure and cholesterol does not interfere with the actions of Adderall.
- Tyrosine is another amino acid used to produce certain brain chemicals stimulated by amphetamine. A dietary deficiency of tyrosine leads to reduce effectiveness of amphetamines. However tyrosine deficiency is not common unless a protein deficiency occurs in the individual. So, adequate amounts of tyrosine may be required for individuals taking amphetamines.
- L-Tyrophan taken along with the medication helps schizophrenic patients overcome disturbances in their thinking and hallucinations.
Which vitamins have to be avoided along-with Adderall?
- Adderall seems to work with most but not all vitamins. The active ingredients in it are suppressed by Vitamin C due to increased acid production in the stomach.
- Fruit juices are also known to cause acidification of the intestine, hence they may be consumed a couple of hours before taking Adderall.
- Similarly, patients are advised to avoid consuming alcohol. This is due to the fact that amphetamines and alcohol jointly cause the heart to work harder and consume more oxygen thereby producing unwanted effects in the body.
- Eucalyptus decreases the effect of Adderall by increasing its clearance from the body.
- Lithium is a mineral present in supplements commonly used to treat mood disorders such as bipolar disorders. It has been observed that lithium inhibits the action of amphetamines causing appetite suppression and reduction in stimulating effects of the drug.
- Similarly large doses of caffeine should be avoided with this drug.